Friday, May 28, 2010

Jason W. Chan Interview


Interview with Jason W. Chan








1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

All day..haha.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I use both. I find that pen/paper has its advantages, but so does a computer. In the end though, everything has to end up on the computer anyway, so I used the computer more.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Everything, mostly song lyrics and films.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

A lot of authors do, but I actually don't. I write however much I feel like, and somehow, i always make deadline...haha. I find that a typical average-length novel takes around 3-4 months to write.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

I am a self-published author, but I am looking for an literary agent, and a publisher.

6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

Well, it all started one day when I was bored. I was watching films like Beauty and the Beast, Spirited Away, Titanic, and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be great if I could write something like that?"

7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

Yes, I have a Kindle.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

Well, I love Anita Shreve, not for her plots, but for her lyrical, almost poetic writing style. In fact, reading her changed my writing for the better. I also love Alice Munro for her short stories, as well as Stephen King for his laidback writing style, although I am not a fan of horror fiction.
As for right now, I am rereading The Abhorsen Trilogy by Australian author Garth Nix. I loved his books when I was a teen.



9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I think they're a good idea. I'm thinking of making one.


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I am working on a ghost story. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment