Sunday, May 16, 2010

Darren L. Pare Interview

Interview with Darren L. Pare



1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?


In the afternoon when my kids are at school is the best time for me, or late at night when they have gone to bed. I have been on a writing roll before and greeted the sunrise, still writing from the previous night.


2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?


I’ll write little notes on paper to where I think I want the story to go, but I work better at the computer. I’ll write notes whenever I think of something, wherever I might be.


3: What do you draw inspiration from?


My writings are usually sports based, so I will find a story in sports that intrigues me and take it in another direction. My first novel 33 Summers was inspired by Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton and his drug problem. The difference in my book is the main character, Jack Mathis, has family problems to deal with as well. Also in my book religion doesn’t play a big part.


4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?


I can’t write like that. I have tried setting word count goals and often times I felt I turned out junk and I wound up deleting most of it.


5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?


Picking the right cover is tough for me and I am still not convinced I have got it right, even after it is done.


6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?


It is as simple as I like to write and feel I am pretty decent at it. Also I have a very supportive wife, because I am not exactly making Stephen King money, yet.


7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?


I don’t own an ebook device, but do have Kindle on my PC.


8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?


I read a lot of biographies. I just got done reading another indie author’s book Turning Back the Clock by John Fitch V. It was a very good book and would recommend it to your readers. To Kill a Mockingbird is probably my favorite book.


9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?


I haven’t really seen many book trailers and I don’t think I will be doing one anytime soon, but I’ll never say never.


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?


I am working on a book about two baseball playing brothers, one of whom develops cancer and how it changes their relationship. It is slow going right now and I may have to work on something else and come back to it later.


http://www.amazon.com/33-Summers-ebook/dp/B003FGXL9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1272049904&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment